Sunday, April 08, 2007

Book Review: Something Sinful - by Suzanne Enoch


Synopsis: Something Sinful is the 3rd book in the Griffin family series by Suzanne Enoch. This is the story of Charlemagne (Shay) Griffin and Sarala Carlisle, a young Englishwoman who was raised in India and then suddenly moved to England when her father unexpectedly assumes a title. Shay is first attracted by her exotic beauty, but underestimates her intelligence when she manages to outwit him in a deal for some rare Chinese silks. They play games for a few days, flirting and bargaining over the silks, until Shay discovers that the silks were not what they seemed and now someone wants him dead.

It's hard to talk too much about this one without giving any important plot twists away, but I really enjoyed it. We were watching a lot of the Firefly tv show when I read this, so I kept picturing the actress who plays Inara in my head as Sarala. I liked seeing the characters from the first 2 books in this series reappear in this story. I can't wait to read Sebastian Griffin's story in the upcoming Sins of a Duke, but it's not due out till June, I believe...

My LibraryThing rating: 4 stars!

1 comment:

Suzanne Enoch said...

I usually don't comment on reviews, figuring an opinion is an opinion, but I had to stop in and say that I am also a HUGE "Firefly" fan, and that Inara did bear more than a passing resemblance to Sarala while I was writing her. *g*

And...thank you so much for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

Suzanne Enoch