Sunday, October 08, 2006

The Drywall Chronicles: Day 2


So I got up this morning and taped everything and then spread 2 layers of joint compound over it.

Now I have never mixed up joint compound before and was a bit taken aback by the instructions on the packaging: "mix to desired consistency" was not particularly enlightening. The internet was not helpful here either. Why doesn't anybody write instructions in terms that women can understand? Do they think only men do handy projects like this? What about men who maybe have never done this sort of thing before?

Anyway, for all you gals out there who need to know: Mixing up joint compound is like cooking. You always add dry ingredients to wet! Mix up your joint compound by first putting a little water in the bottom of your pan. Then, just like in cooking, add in your compound powder one scoopful at a time, stirring constantly. Make it the consistency of thick frosting. There you go.

2 comments:

Katie Walberg said...

Hi, I just happened to be bored and clicked on your site at random, purely coincidental, but funny because my name is katie as well, and I also am a handy lady. Weird? Yep. So, anyway, I just had to say that your description on how to mix up the mud was pretty awesome. :) Rock on, and the wall looks great!!! Keep up the good work.

Chester said...

I love frosting.