Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Cure in Austin

So I was not as enterprising as some folks and didn't smuggle in my camera, but I think the memory of being about TWENTY FEET AWAY FROM ROBERT SMITH will forever be burned in my brain. We were pretty damn close. They played for nearly 3 hours and sounded GREAT. This is the third time I've seen them and it was by far the best show yet! A helpful person posted the set list here. As you can see, they played a LOT of old stuff, which was really cool. And it was just the 4 piece band: two guitars, bass, and drums - no keyboard. So good...

1 comment:

ellen said...

Yeah, it was pretty surreal. I was thinking about it for a couple of days after and was just like whoa...I just heard the songs live that I listened to 100s of times in my bedroom over the past 15-20 years. :D I really wish I had gone to the Dallas show also. And, of course, getting to see my good friend, Katy, was a highlight. Maybe someday you will meet my husband and know he is real. :)