Saturday, May 24, 2008

Makin' jam!!!

I loves me some jam!

I decided that this summer I would learn to make jam and possibly even do some pickling. All the tasty summer fruits are finally starting to come into season, so I decided to get started this week. Now, I did some canning one time about 15 years ago and it turned out awful. And I have never made jam before. So this week's jam-making has all been a fun learning experience.

First I made strawberry jam since that is what was fresh and available at my local store. It turned out pretty good, although I am not particularly fond of strawberry anything. I like my strawberries all by themselves most of the time. However, I have a deep and abiding love of peach jam and decided to make that next. I took my daughter to the Dallas Farmers Market downtown and we picked out some mighty fine peaches.

Time to get started!!

No comments: